1. Sleeping in an extra hour and a half. My seminary spring break is a dream!
2. Lighter traffic. Again, spring break. Woot!
3. While looking through some old mixed CDs I found one that included the Talking Heads, Oingo Boingo, U2, the Bangles, and the B-52s. Was I missing 1991 when I made it?
4. In an article about the King of Jordan I came across this paragraph and had to look up three words:
Geography has cursed Jordan. To Abdullah’s north is the charnel house of Syria, a failed state in the making. To his east is Iraq’s bloody Anbar province. Saudi Arabia, ruled by the superannuated princes of the House of Saud, the ancient rivals of the Hashemites, sits to his southeast. To his west are the obstreperous Israelis, as well as the disputatious Palestinians.There's something a little obnoxious about so many SAT words clumped together, but you can't argue that charnel house is a perfect description. Vocabulary is fun! Also, for some reason, this quote made me think of Eleanor Lavish from A Room With A View, "I prefer something bolder: the reckless rose, the tempestous tulip."
5. An abundance of orange blossoms on my drive through Cal Poly to get to the freeway.
6. 18 Joyful Soul Train GIFs. You're welcome.