Wednesday, May 27, 2015

That flower crown is going to make you look so old!

Well, that was a good run. I've lost the ability to write. It's gone. Gone! My one talent, frittered away.

I shouldn't be so dramatic. This happens from time to time. In fact, I know you can find very similar posts to this one if you go back a ways. Normally I just have to write garbage for a few months and then it comes back, like a flowering weed sprouting out of a crack in the asphalt. But for now, I'm stuck.

As usual, I will now list things I have started writing about and then deleted because how much do I love you (too much):

1. The freckles on my eyelids
2. The state of my office windows after the kids have pressed their hands and faces against them.
3. Twice-baked potatoes
4. The license plate I saw this morning - NYYJTR2 (Yankees drool!)(But Jeter is great) (There, I said it.)
5. Bumper stickers I would not put on my car
6. What is the evolutionary reason behind fast-growing fingernails?

Oh, geez. I've lost it.

But here's something pointless that I was going to write at length about but will now simply give an abbreviated commentary:  flower crowns.

Have you noticed that they're everywhere? Particularly in bridal parties. And while I think there's something a little sweet about them, and I've seen a few that I think look lovely, I'm convinced they're really going to date us. Like, they're going to become this generation's version of this:


Pray that the weed sprouts soon.

3 comments:

curran4life said...

Just keep writing... no matter how silly it sounds or feels. You have an amazing talent and one day I'd love to meet you in person! I work with Krista Batte and she is the one that pointed me to your blog and I LOVE it! You make me laugh and you say and do the things that most of us are really thinking deep down inside. I love reading about your daily life and silliness, and I secretly want to have your life! :)

Heidi said...

I'm going to make a flower crown and take a picture just for you.

Valerie said...

Nice picture. I'm not sure if I see your point.