Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My Governor is Austrian

I was a little grumpy yesterday. Something threw me into a funk and I found myself stomping around and mumbling to myself as I watered my plants, which I'm sure entertained/terrified Mrs. Across the Way, who was also out watering her plants. I forget that I'm not actually invisible and other people can see me when I talk to myself, which is all too often.

Fortunately the grumpiness didn't last long. There were several factors that lifted the funk and restored the Blue Bird of Happiness to my soul:

1.) I was finally successful, after a 2 week campaign, in convincing my doctor that it would be beneficial to me and everyone else around me if she gave the thumbs-up for my allergy medication to be refilled without me having to go in and see her. I don't want to have to spend $10 and an hour after work to hear the same thing I've heard for every doctor, which is, "Oh my! Your nasal passages are really blocked! Squirt this stuff into your nose twice a day for the rest of your life." The nose has been squirted and joy is in my heart.

2.) I found my MIKA cd in my glove box and listened to it all the way back to the Duke's.

3.) I picked up my pictures that I had framed and they look terrific. Like they're real art or something. I wonder if I could get Simon Schama-lama-ding-dong to critique them.

4.) Chipotle for dinner. Yum.

5.) This blog has gone international! Acording to the old blog minder, I have received 22 hits from a domain in Austria. Mystery! I don't know anyone in Austria. Who are you little Austrian friend? I will now give you a little German: Ich liebe dich. Ich möchte kartoffelsalat. Sitzen sie sich!

Four years of German and that's about all I can produce. Herr Baker would be so proud. If you ever see me in person, and you ask nicely and bring me a brownie, I can sing a song about a cat with white paws auf Deutsch. It is sehr charming.

Auf wiedersehen, Darlings!

5 comments:

Ms. Liz said...

you can see who's been at your blog?! How do you do that. Sounds like magic...

Laura said...

I was thinking the same thing, Liz. Rachel - share the secret with us!

Ms. Liz said...

I figured it out - its www.sitemanager.com and some signing up and cutting and pasting and stuff. Very nifty stuff. Way to think ahead Ms. Rachel. Cutting edge - as always. *favorite* (and this is the other Liz btw Laura. The one that your Liz got herself mixed up with once. - Hi :))

Heather said...

Ya--Thats so cool! I want to do it too! ...I tried Liz's site, but it didnt really work for me...but maybe I'm just doing something wrong...

Ms. Liz said...

oops - sorry. My bad. Its called www.sitemeter.com. but it does manage as well as meter.... for the record.