1. Julie Andrews. Here are a few adjectives that were used on the drive home: regal, charming, elegant, gracious, wonderful. She is just so classy and beautiful. She walked out as we were singing My Favorite Things and that may seem a little contrived but I'm telling you, it was one of the most magical moments of my life. She is officially my model for elegant living and I'm wondering how many silk dressing gowns she owns so I can match it. She must have a dozen.
2. The Knecht Family Christmas Party, wherein we had a hootenanny complete with 2 guitars, a ukulele, a violin, an autoharp, and a bongo. There was also a ton of laughing.
3. A surprise trip to Disneyland with Denise and her boys. You just can't beat that. Especially when Drake yelled "Blast-off!" the entire time we were on the rockets.
4. Christmas Eve brunch buffet at the Avocado House. Caramel syrup for everyone!
5. Christmas Day lounge-fest. We don't leave the house. We stay in our jim jams all day and we nap and eat and do puzzles. It's the best.
6. Santa Monica pier, LA Temple lights, and gelato with the fam. White Christmases are for the birds. It has been stunningly beautiful around these parts and 70 degrees is the perfect weather for December.
7. Lots of Addie time. I cannot adequately express to you how cute this kid is. Oh, sure, you've seen pictures, but they don't do her any justice. She has the most adorable personality and we would all spend hours just watching her babble to herself. And now she's gone and we're in the depths of despair. COME BACK TO US ADELAIDE!