Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Puddle Jumping

Are you ready to know who won the newest bookmark? This is very exciting...

TAMMY! Hooray for you! Let's get together and do something fun to celebrate! I'll let you know when it is finished.

In other news, we are experiencing End of the World type rain storms here in Southern California. Just the other day Mormons throughout So. Cal participated in a regional broadcast where leaders from the church sent messages live from Utah and they all commented on how nice it was here, how warm and sunny and enviable. And to that I say, "Thanks for jinxing us." Because it is now 1.) cold, and 2.) wet, and 3.) most definitely not enviable. I say this because this morning Camille, Lindsay and I went to Disneyland during a break in the storm. We practically had the whole park to ourselves. It was a dream for a few hours. Until the rain came. And by came what I mean is it poured down buckets and buckets of cold water all over us. When it is raining like that you just sort of get use to it and resolve to have a stiff upper lip and not complain. Because what are you going to do about it? So we found the biggest puddles to jump in and we laughed like loons as we got doused by water falling off of the tram on the ride back to the parking lot. I could not have been any wetter had I jumped into the ocean but I had a ball.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

One of the best days I ever had at Disneyland was when it was raining. We got yellow disposable Mickey ponchos and rode Space Mountain so many times, we actually got a little bored with it (Oh look - there's that planet that's shaped like a cookie . . . again).

So glad you were able to enjoy the moment.

Tammy said...

Hooray, I am super excited! I just emailed you about something unrelated to this post but now i am going to email you again with fun ideas to get together to celebrate!
I went to Disneyland in a rain storm once and we had umbrellas but it was so windy it flipped them inside out! I was a memorable time for sure.

Bronwyn James said...

Really? Puddle jumping at Disneyland? Why did I have to miss that?! (Big frowny face)

The Katzbox said...

oh my gosh. I puddle-jumped as well, today, albeit, outside of a courthouse and until they make "the courthouse" a ride at Disney, I won't be going back anytime soon. It's a deliriously fun thing to do (puddle-jumping-do courthousing). Hurray for you and your friends!!!

I even posted pictures of my rubber boots!!!

The next best thing would be "pudding jumping" because if you fell in, well.....

The Katzbox said...

I just read my post and it didn't make sense...it was after 11:00 at night and I must have been dozing off. I don't even understand it myself.

I don't even know what the last sentence is supposed to mean. I would delete the entire thing, but...eh....

Hugs. And it's raining again today.

Happy puddle jumping/avoiding/maneuvering/etc.