Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Library is Open

Do you know what has been missing in my life lately?  A book club.  I used to have an amazing one, years ago.  We would eat and laugh and talk about all sorts of things, sometimes even about books.  But then we disbanded when everyone moved away and I haven't found a good one since. 

So I formed a new one.  And we met tonight. And it was wonderful.  My living room was packed with amazing, funny, smart, lovely women and we ate and laughed and talked until 10:30 on a school night.  And we had a rather substantial discussion on the book (Ella Minnow Pea).  It was everything I had hoped for.  It made me want to hug them and then hug all of my books.

As is customary at book clubs I host, I lent out a few books.  I went to the cabinet to pull one out and discovered this little kit that Tammy gave me for my birthday last year which I had completely forgotten about. 

It's my very own library kit!


It has a date stamp and a card for you to pull when it's been checked out and a little pocket that you can stick to the inside flap and put the card back into once it's been returned!  It is the cutest thing I have ever seen.  And I don't think I could have been any more excited to use it.  Everyone who walked away with a book had to have it "libraried up".  I had to squelch the sudden urge to shush people.

As you can see Becky has checked out Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging.  She has been properly warned of the dangers of reading it in public.  Everyone I know who has ventured to do so has snort-laughed over it in front of large groups of people.  (Me - at Jiffy Lube)

4 comments:

Rach said...

You have been without a book group? I am so sorry! I'm glad you started up a new one. That library kit is AWESOME! I need to get one just for the Georgia Nicholson books.

Stacy said...

Umm . . . what's wrong with publicly snort-laughing? Now I feel a little awkward about myself. I didn't know that snort-laughing wasn't generally approved.

:)

Tammy said...

Yea, I am glad you have an opportunity to use that fun kit!

Anonymous said...

I flap my hands a little at anything stationary/pad of paper/rubber stamp-related. *flap*