Oh, poor neglected blog. It's not like I've been ignoring you, it's just that I've been too busy lounging and my laptop is heavy. And not having to prepare a seminary lesson every night kind of went to my head. I could read more than one chapter in a book before falling asleep. Or watch two episodes of Chuck IN A ROW! It was the Life of Elegant Leisure every day!
So here's some stuff:
1. A true Knecht New Year's Eve involves staying in. If I ever write on here that I went out that means I was abducted and am being forced to type lies. There's also probably a very large ransom. Alert the Wealthy Benefactor! So we stayed in and we painted. For real.
2. Back to seminary this morning. I've missed those kids, even the ones who just sit there doing their best impressions of a pile of marshmallows wearing hoodies.
3. It's also nice to have students back at the Institute because the weeks of Christmas break are a huge drag. It's great to work on bigger projects uninterrupted but there were several times where I'd look out into the empty building and sigh and then contemplate whether or not to play air hockey with myself.
4. Does anyone else feel like you have to have chocolate in your mouth at all times throughout the holidays? Like if you're not eating chocolate at every moment of the day the Magic of the Season has died and it's all your fault? Well, this is how I have felt so don't worry, I saved Christmas for you and yours by eating all the chocolate. This has proven challenging for Day 1 of Stop Eating Like a Garbage Disposal, Rachel: I Mean, Why Don't You Eat a Carrot or Something.
5. Speaking of which, I was at the gym last week on the stair climber and the girl next to me finished up and said, "You look great up there, girl! You keep it up!" and I may or may not (may) have burst into tears because if there is one thing you need to hear when you're on that stair climber is that you don't look like the sweaty, blotchy, crazy-eyed monster you're staring at in the enormous mirror in front of you. Why with the mirrors!?! Also, thanks, Lady. You're my new hero.