1. If you're looking for a new Easter tradition, how about you shoot off rockets at a rival church's bell tower. This is apparently what they do in some town in Greece and I've been giggling over all sorts of reasons as to how this whole thing started. Clashing paint colors. Nuns talking smack. Who gets what street during holy day processionals. Some local tough from one church steals the holy water from the other church and someone shouts, "Light the rockets!" And 125 years later they're still shooting them off. Here are some pictures of the festivities.
2. In other Easter news, we got together with my mom's side of the fam and I felt like a midget. These people are towering. My cousin's 11 year old daughter is taller than I am by a good 4 inches. But I love them all. We talked books for a large portion of the night.
3. I put in a movie on Saturday night and thought, great, it's 6:30. This means the movie will be done by 8:30 and I can be in bed by 9. Because I'm 80. Don't be jealous.
4. My mom and sisters and I went down to Dana Point on Friday night for this little craft fair. I love a craft fair. How else am I supposed to feed my addiction to hand-made soaps? Anyway, I haven't been to Dana Point since I was a sophomore in high school and we took the biology boat out to the angry sea to touch fish and measure visibility depth. Oh, the rolling and bobbing that went on. It was cold and rough. As we pulled into the parking lot of the marina I said, "I remember this place. A lot of vomiting has gone on here."
5. Katie update: Her nose is still very tender but she went back to work and cooked dinner tonight. On that note, we have the best friends. We had dinners brought in every day last week. Our fridge and our hearts are overflowing. Thanks everyone. You're the greatest.