Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cursed feet

FOR THE LOVE OF FLIP FLOPS, I HAVE GOT TO STOP CUTTING UP MY FEET!!! It's like a gypsy woman has placed some kind of curse on my poor feet because they've been a disaster all summer.

Near the end of seminary the porta-pulpit I use in class fell and landed on my right foot and left a substantial gash on top of it. And then about 4 weeks later, after it was nearly healed and I could start wearing something besides flip flops, I  clipped the back of the same foot with a metal gate door and said so long to about 3 inches of skin.

Just yesterday I put on sneakers for the first time without any bandages and only minimal pain and I rejoiced.

So of course today I stubbed my left pinkie toe on a shopping cart wheel and it lifted the nail and I left a trail of blood in the Stated Bros. parking lot. A trail of blood that I hope will finally satisfy the gypsy woman so this curse can be lifted. Do you think if I explained that I can't get pedicures with open flesh wounds she'd help me out? Gypsy or not, every woman understands the peril of gnarly feet.

2 comments:

Rach said...

My feet are cracked and nasty because I have an unhealthy love of flip flops. And for some reason one of my big toenails fell off. And Joshua dropped a BYU lawn gnome on my foot yesterday. So I'm about 5 steps away from the pain your feet have suffered. You need a nice pedicure and a pair of fluffy socks.

Rach said...

Oh, right. The missing toenail on your foot. So just the fluffy socks until it heals. Then a nice pedicure.