Thursday, July 3, 2014

Keep it classy, America!

Happy Independence Day! Oh, I just love this holiday. There's the Twilight Zone marathon and corn on the cob (you remember how I taught you to butter it, right?) and illegal fireworks going off in the neighborhood while we dance in the street. It is a glorious day.

But you know this already, so I'm going to do a public service here and give my list of appropriate and inappropriate uses of the flag on clothing. Celebrate America by not being tacky:

Appropriate:

1.  Simple flags on a t-shirt or a hat.
3.  Flag pins.
4.  An Uncle Sam hat,  because it is iconic
5.  Any tastefully artistic rendering of the flag
6.  Converse, because Chucks = America

Inappropriate:

1.  Leggings
2. Shorts
3. Denim diapers











4.  Swim suits
(Basically just keep it away from your crotch.)
5.  Whole shirts (you have to turn in your passport if it has a denim collar.)



















I know you're trying to be patriotic and fun. But can't you just wave a flag and lose some fingers to a rogue firework like the rest of us?

Have a great day and let freedom ring!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

We went to a BBQ joint the other day and they served corn on the cob. The waitress asked us if we wanted a piece of white bread, I bet it was to butter the corn, what else would it be good for?

Heidi said...

Pretty much DYING right now over this.

And I think we need inappropriate police... went to Jurupa fireworks with my parents and it was pretty much the worse. Maybe I'll just start citizen arrests.