Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Thanksgiving Proclamation

I hereby proclaim that subjects are no longer allowed to refer to Thanksgiving as Turkey Day. Anyone found calling it Turkey Day will be forced to eat nothing but cold oatmeal with no brown sugar while everyone else enjoys the Thanksgiving feast.

Signed, The Queen o' the Universe


PS. I'm off to the beach, where there are no crying parents, no dismal offices, no 5:30 alarm clocks, no traffic, and no Internet which means no blog posts. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll think of you as I eat pumpkin pie while gazing at the lovely Pacific.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I was going to post about this EXACT same thing today! I heard someone say "Happy Turkey Day" this morning, and it bugged me so bad. Aside from it being irritating, from the Turkey's perspective, not so much a happy day! And if I can be Princess o' the Universe or maybe Dutchess, I will fully support you in your proclamation!