Sunday, February 20, 2011

Surprise Primary Fieldtrip

(I was about to tell you the story of how 10 years ago this weekend I found myself having one and only encounter with NASCAR when I watched the Daytona 500 race where Dale Earnhardt died, but NASCAR bores me so much that I can't even bring myself to write about it without falling asleep on my keyboard.  So here's a wee little story from Primary.)

We were in Jr. Primary (the 7 and under crowd) and about to start some singing when suddenly the fire alarm goes off.

Me:  Kids, please line up at the door behind your teachers in case we have to go outside
The Kids:  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rush down to the Sr. Primary classes to make sure they're okay and find out that it's a false alarm so I head back to find the little ones walking single file behind their teachers, arms folded and not saying a word.  This show of reverence was such a novelty that I instantly wanted to high five them.  I refrained and I let them enjoy 5 minutes outside while they reset the alarm.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Primary is so awesome. I'm always impressed at even the littlest child's ability to rise to the occasion.

Anonymous said...

Even if the reverence was for fire.