Sunday, February 20, 2011

Surprise Primary Fieldtrip

(I was about to tell you the story of how 10 years ago this weekend I found myself having one and only encounter with NASCAR when I watched the Daytona 500 race where Dale Earnhardt died, but NASCAR bores me so much that I can't even bring myself to write about it without falling asleep on my keyboard.  So here's a wee little story from Primary.)

We were in Jr. Primary (the 7 and under crowd) and about to start some singing when suddenly the fire alarm goes off.

Me:  Kids, please line up at the door behind your teachers in case we have to go outside
The Kids:  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rush down to the Sr. Primary classes to make sure they're okay and find out that it's a false alarm so I head back to find the little ones walking single file behind their teachers, arms folded and not saying a word.  This show of reverence was such a novelty that I instantly wanted to high five them.  I refrained and I let them enjoy 5 minutes outside while they reset the alarm.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Primary is so awesome. I'm always impressed at even the littlest child's ability to rise to the occasion.

Empress of Venus said...

Even if the reverence was for fire.