Saturday, February 26, 2011

Goosed in FedEx

I went to the FedEx shop today to make some copies and while inside I was making my way around a corner where a couple was standing.  It was a bit of a tight turn and I was trying to make my way behind them but as I walked up the man walked away and the woman, whose back was turned to both of us, started to turn around and, thinking that I was her husband, grabbed my butt.  And then gave it a little squeeze and a pat.  By the time she made it all the way around she realized her mistake and had the most priceless face I have ever seen.  In an instant she went from confusion to realization to humiliation and finally, and gratefully, hysterical laughing.  Naturally, I thought it was the funniest thing to happen to me in a long time.  We both had to hold on to each other's arms to keep standing because we were laughing so hard.  And she kept saying, really loud, "I can't believe I just grabbed a complete stranger's butt!"

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Only you, Rachel. Is it bad to think that it's adorable that she would have done that to her husband if your bum wasn't in the way? I'm glad you had a good laugh over it (and in turn gave me a good laugh)

Camille said...

I think this is my all time favorite post of yours. That is the best story ever. I'm still laughing.

Anonymous said...

Public Displays of Awful = ButtTouch. Unless it involves a stranger against their will.

Heather said...

I love that it was not only a grab, but also a squeeze and a pat. Fantastic.

Maija said...

That is absolutely hilarious! It's easily the best part of my Monday.

Rach said...

My eyes are watering from laughing so hard. I love that it was a girl that goosed you. So funny. It's best to look up before you squeeze and pat. I almost goosed a bald buy on campus right after Tim and I got married. Inches away from a bald stranger. I'm glad you got a good laugh out of a trip to fedex.

Bronwyn James said...

BEST STORY EVER!!!

Angela said...

Yussssssssssssssssssss. /fist pump

Ana said...

Hilarious. This beats accidentally calling someone you thought was your spouse "babe" anyday :)

Derek said...

Hilarious. I go to the wrong post offices, apparently.