Olympic Round-up Part III
1. I think that we've all had enough time with Ryan Lochte this week to recognize that he is a total doofus. Sure, he can swim and we all root for him. But the poor kid is kind of dim when it comes to talking out loud.
2. It's not very often when I say, "That Kobe Bryant is a swell guy." In fact, I say that exactly never. That is up until the Olympics where he is popping up all over the place, watching random events and cheering people on. And suddenly I'm thinking that we can totally be best friends because he loves the Olympics and I love the Olympics.
3. I did not realize that the coxswain on a rowing team gets a medal too. You guys, I have found my future gold medal! The two requirements seem to be you have to be short and scream really loud. I'm great at both of those things. Rio 2016 here I come!
4. Maybe my favorite Olympic moment so far was watching the women's 100 meter preliminaries. I love that if you come to the Olympics, no matter how you got there, be it a win or a wild card, you get to compete. And it may just be one race that lasts 10 seconds. But you still get your moment. You get to put on the colors of your flag and step out on the track and run. So seeing all of those women from places most people have never heard of, women who know they don't have a shot but do it anyway, women who are the first from their country to ever compete, women who couldn't practice with starting blocks because they didn't have any, well, it made me want to get an Olympic rings tattoo like every single athlete has. Not really. But maybe I'll paint the rings on my cheek.
5. Trampoline is the sport of the future. Doesn't it look like so much fun? Except for the part where I would be vomitting from all that jumping and spinning. I get dizzy just from the camera going up and down with them.