Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cows, Herpes, and Bob Costas

*I'm hoping for some great google hits from that title

1.) The other day I was driving over Grand, you know that part between Diamond Bar and Chino Hills, and there was a whole herd of cows all facing north. I thought it was the strangest thing because they were just standing there looking towards the mountains. I thought maybe there was some sort of cow convention going on and the keynote speaker was addressing them but I couldn't see any cows in suits with head mics on so I just chalked it up to general cow wackiness. And then today I read this article. Looks like you don't have to be a German scientist to make this observation.

2.) I think I'm allergic to my most favorite lip balm - Rosebud Lip Balm strawberry flavor. And anyone who knows me knows that this is a huge blow. This is sadly not the first time this has happened (remember the Suspicious Lip Explosion of 2005 that one doctor told me was herpes. I beg your pardon, sir!) I'm still good with Burt's but this one made my lips all pretty. It also makes the tip of my tongue numb and my nose all boogery.

3.) I miss the Olympics. I miss Bob Costas and warm and fuzzy Olympic montages. And I missed watching random sports that I never really care about outside of the Olympics - like track and field. To prove how brightly the Olympic Spirit burns within me, I actually didn't hate the NBA players when I saw them win the gold medal. The thought, "Good for Kobe," ran through my head. And it wasn't said with any bitterness. Who am I?!

5 comments:

Rach said...

That is a fascinating fact about cows that I'm going to try to use at the next barbecue. And now I know, if I'm lost in the country, I just need to see which way the cows are facing. I'm sorry about your favorite lip gloss. I know how you feel about lip products. So sad. I love Bob Costas, too. Do you think he wears a rug? He reminds me of Dick Clark because he never seems to age and always has something clever to say. I still have about 20 hours of Olympics waiting for me on my DVR. I think most of it is the obscure stuff like women's steeplechase and badminton. For a rainy day.

Laura said...

I'm sorry about the lip balm issues. I am a lip balm addict, and so if they ever discontinued my favorite or if I became alergic, I would cry. Really.

I actually watched two entire Olympic basketball games. I don't watch professional sports unless there are sparkles involved (figure skating, gymnastics, synchronized swimming, etc.), that was a huge investment for me. But I also found myself cheering for Kobe and the rest of the bunch. Weird. Gotta love the Olympics!

Rach said...

A quick comment about the Olympics and David Hasslehoff. On America's Got Talent, David Hasselhoff said, "Your act is as American as the Olympics." Not smart, but what nice hair!

Liz the Poet said...

Maybe there was some sort of Olympic conspiracy because I felt the same way while watching them.

I actually cheered for our basketball team. Cheered! And I have more disdain for professional athletes than I do for actors/actresses.

So that’s saying something!

AJ said...

1)The radio station I listen to while getting ready in the morning was talking about cows this morning. They said that everyone sees a cow every single day, either a photo or a real cow. They also said cows stand to the north. It's interesting to know where they were getting this mornings material from. However, I thought to myself that I don't see a cow everyday and I was going to make a concerted effort to pay attention to it today...and boom. There's a cow on your link. Dang radio people are right today.

2) Lip balm can be a touchy topic. Stick with what you know works. Branching out rarely leads to success and always ends up costing more than it's worth.

3) I also miss the Olympics. America's Got Talent and The Democratic National Convention just don't do it for me. I almost resported to doing homework last night...but went to bed instead. 4 more years until London.