Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The New NaNoWriMo

Is it crazy that I want to do NaNoWriMo again? 

Yes.  And here's why:

1.)  I will be out of town for 11 of the 30 days in November (visiting my best friend and her new baby boy (eeee!!!) in the beginning and Thanksgiving with the entire Fam (eeee!!!!) at the end. November is going to be MAGIC!)

2.)  On average I spend 90 minutes preparing my seminary lesson every single weeknight. In fact tomorrow's lesson is just a continuation of today's lesson that we didn't come close to finishing so it was already prepared and I still spent almost an hour tweaking it.

Crazy, right.  I mean, it's bonkers for me to even consider.  Except that I really, really want to. Because I really, really miss writing.  And I keep thinking of that Ray Bradbury quote where he says he has written every single day of his life since he was a kid and it's brought him nothing but joy.  And who doesn't want to be just like Ray Bradbury (except for the dead part.) 

Okay, so new plan - it's not feasible for me to write 3000 words a day (that's factoring in the days I'm off the grid and the days I'm wishing I was off the grid) but it's certainly feasible for me to write for 30 minutes every day. So that's the new goal. 30 minutes, every day, starting today - because who wants to wait for November?

Thanks for letting me talk this through. You've been a big help.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Glad I could help.

Rach said...

I can't wait to read your novel. It will hold a place of honor by my bed, because I'm sure I'll finish reading it, need something good to read, and pick it right back up. Good luck.

Susan Bergreen said...

I did NanoWriMo!!! I'm thinking about doing it again but over here in the U.K.

Anonymous said...

This would be my first year doing NaNoWriMo. Actually come to think of it, Day 1 is a day I have Lobby Duty at work, so it might be perfect. I'd been waiting for an idea to come to me, it hasn't. So I'll do what I always do, type a bunch of bollucks and then give them names.