Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Wrinkle in the Door

Do you remember a few weeks ago I mentioned that I had to finish reading A Wrinkle in Time for book club?  Well, I was more than halfway done and the whole time I kept thinking, when does the father disappear? Because I've read it before and the only thing I can remember about it is that the dad is missing.  But halfway through the kids still weren't looking for him.  And then I really started worrying about my memory.  I mean, I know that I have a bad one, especially when it comes to books.  I could love a book, read it repeatedly, have multiple copies, and I still would struggle to remember the plot and characters.  Unless a book really, really strikes me I'm going to forget about 90% of it as soon as I shut it.  It's a curse.  But this was kind of ridiculous, that absolutely none of it was ringing a bell.

That is until I really looked at the front cover, one that I had glanced at multiple times and neglected to notice that it was not A Wrinkle in Time that I was reading.  It was A Wind at the Door, book two (I think) in the series.  In my defense, not once is the kids' previous adventure of searching for their dad through time and space ever mentioned (that's what happens right?  Oh, like I know.)  And Meg is totally surprised when weird and magical things start happening.  Like she hasn't already been through all of this before. It is a stand alone book...with a title that looks an awful lot like it's companion.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Love it. I just worry you sound a little tramatized over the dad leaving, good thing I know your dad is so awesome...ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Is that the one with the weird ephemeral bird that smells really bad and then they all become cells inside Charles Wallace?