Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Silent R

This morning on my drive in to work I listened to some people on the radio talk about how sometimes girls just start to cry for no apparent reason (which naturally interested me, because Hi!) and the men on the show were saying how they just don't get it and this woman on the show said, "Sometimes we just get really fustrated and have to release some emotion."

Fustrated.

And then she said it again.

And then a third time.

A woman who gets paid to talk on the radio, in English, said fustrated three times. I assume she thinks the R is silent.  Like all those other words with silent Rs.

5 comments:

Camille said...

I would have punched the radio.

Rach said...

That's the kind of thing that makes me cry.

sarahgurl said...

Like Febuary. That one bugs me

Rachel said...

I wonder how she pronounces supposedly.

Emily said...

I know a few people who say fustrated. I always want to scream, "there's an R!!!!" But I don't. Since I may or may not leave the a out of orange and the k out of asked. If I do it's my parents fault. Possibly.