Dear Mr. & Mrs. Upstairs,
Welcome to the Hub! You're going to find living here to be a joy. The view of the mountains is lovely, right. You just missed Flo. You may have met her when you were first coming in. Did she double book your apartment? She did that from time to time. I'm so bummed for you that you didn't get the full Las Brisas experience with her.
You're so quiet. I can't even hear you walking. The kid who used to live upstairs must have been wearing cement boots because I could hear his every move. Speaking of him, I wanted to let you know of our expectations as your downstairs neighbors. I think they're all pretty reasonable but your predecessor had a hard time with them. So just so we're clear:
1. Don't dump your bong water out of a hole you cut in your bedroom screen.
2. Don't listen to really loud rap that is full of swears on Sunday morning (or any morning, really.)
3. Don't invite 30 of your hoodlum friends over for a night swim and then hours and hours of reggae in your room while smoking pot.
4. Don't take that unmarked parking space next to our assigned space. It belongs to us in a common law sort of way (the Kid never did this but others have and it's just wrong on a moral level.)
5. Don't get into a fight with your girlfriend. We don't need to know all about how you cheated on her.
6. When you move out, don't do it in the middle of the night. Dresser drawers falling down the stairs usually wake people up.
You've been great so far. Keep up the good work!
Hugs and Kisses,