Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Easily Pleased

I am so easy to please. Here's a list of things that have recently done the trick:

1.  I bought daffodils because they looked so yellow and cheerful. I had them in my room for one day and then I had to move them out to the living room because they were making my allergies go berserk. But just knowing they're around makes me glad inside.

2.  I looked up the word berserk.

ber·serk

[ber-surk, -zurk] Show IPA
 
adjective

violently or destructively frenzied; wild; crazed; deranged: He suddenly went berserk.
 
noun

( sometimes initial capital letter ) Scandinavian Legend. . Also, ber·serk·er. an ancient Norse warrior who fought with frenzied rage in battle, possibly induced by eating hallucinogenic mushrooms.

3.  I had my seminary kids throw marshmallows at each other this morning. There were reasons for it, but mostly the reason was that I wanted to see them throw marshmallows.

4.  Briley, reader of this blog and sometimes visitor to the institute, told me today that someone came into the bakery she works at and ordered a bunch of bread bowls for the Knights of Columbus. I love the image of the K of C sitting around, their plumed helmets resting on the tables, their capes jauntily tossed back across their shoulders, eating chili out of bread bowls and talking about the Pope.

5. I plucked my eyebrows for the first time in forever and I no longer feel like a hairy muppet.

6. I checked out A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison. There are many authors that I love - Steinbeck, Austen, Dickens - but if there was ever an author who spoke directly to my soul it is Louise Rennison and her embarrassing teenage heroines.

No comments: