Sunday, January 11, 2009

Behold the Craftiness

Because Flo the Benevolent Apartment Manager won't let us paint our walls I've been forced to come up with some creative ways to cover the eggshell white.

Behold the craftiness:

Or rather, my dad's craftiness. I've wanted screens for ages but do you know how much they cost? Somewhere between a personal shredder and a stealth bomber. So we just made them.
I came up with the idea, Dad constructed the frame and then we attached the material. Here's a close-up of the fabric.
Don't get to use to the fabric. It's a filler. I have big plans for it. Big plans that involve me figuring out how to applique.
Dad also made me this:
Lovely, huh?
Dear Flo,
Paint is off the list, but you've never said anything about the number of holes we can put in the wall. I'm shooting for the record.
Love, Rachel

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Love it that you can be the creative genius and your dad can be the actualizer of that genius. My challenge is having to be both...I kind of fall short when it comes to phase two. Here's hoping you (or your dad) learns to applique soon!

The Katzbox said...

Go girl! Let the creative juices flow...and how cool that your dad is a total enabler...

And I received my stuff (actually, YOUR stuff) from Etsy...it's adorable!!!! I think I received an extra something?...I love it...and I love the "shhhhh" bookmark on my scriptures...too cute....

Well done!!!!

Stephanie said...

I love the screen, and your little chinese lanterns are the cutest things ever. Kudos on having such good taste.

Rach said...

Dear Rachel's dad,
I have very boring walls at my house, and am in need of nice shelving.
love, the short Rachel

Laura said...

I love all of it! Isn't it great to have a dad that can build stuff? The garage full of every type of saw was annoying when I was younger, but now I love it! Yay for dads!!

Nunazuna said...

Good job! I hate paying for anything if I can make it myself! Ben is the same way and he's a total creative handyman! I love it!