Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

Since I sounded like such a crank in my post about Halloween I thought I would share things that I like about it this year:

1.  More Oingo Boingo songs on the radio,

2.  Edie's costume,

3.  Really, any kid in a costume,

4.  My seminary kid who would never intentionally talk to me suddenly telling me this morning about how gross the games were at last night's youth Halloween party.  There were live worms and other insects involved and truthfully, I was getting the heebs.  But I will take what I can get with some of these kids.

5.  This picture of the dumpling assembly party we had at the Institute today:

1 comment:

Rach said...

I meant to comment before about the ridiculous amount of decorating people do for Halloween. I'll tell you why they do it. Because they're at the store, buying milk, and they walk past the Ridiculous Decorations aisle, and their kids start screaming and begging and they just want to get the heck out of there, but somehow they end up with half the Halloween decor in their cart. Not that I'd know anything about it...I draw the line at huge blow-ups of Frankenstein, and I strongly object to super scary and graphic decorations, or anything that involves clowns or creepy babies.

I love Halloween. Mostly because I have an excuse to buy large amounts of chocolate and give a little bit of it away.

I loved Edie's costume. Best one I've seen this year.