Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Choice of America

Today I woke up with a head ache, sliced my thumb while cutting tomatoes, smashed my finger in a door, and had cramps. Which is to say that by about 2 pm I was a wreck. So it should come as no surprise that I went home and crawled into bed and watched Enchanted April and wept a little over the sad fact that I didn't have ice cream in my home. I felt much better after that. Enchanted April and a light weeping does it for me every time.

You know what else does it for me? Ads from the 90s.  Camille tipped me off to this Sizzlers franchise pitch from 1991:



On which Casey commented:  "It's a restaurant in a restaurant in a tote filled with vegetarian chili", referencing the classic SNL Taco Town commercial:



That comment make me snort laugh for about five minutes. Thanks, Caswell.

1 comment:

Camille said...

My life is forever better. "Choices that can add a little freedom in your life"