Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I had a Plan.

Plan: On my lunch break swing by the grocery store and pick up supplies for dinner for a family in the ward, go home and prep dinner so that when I get home from work I can just pop it in the oven and get it over to them at a decent time.

Revised Plan: Wait until paychecks are delivered 45 minutes after I should have left for lunch, swing by the post office then the grocery story and get supplies. Skip the prep and just make the dinner when I get home.

Revised Revised Plan: Get into my car to commence Revised Plan and it's dead. Dead! Call Dad who tells me it's probably the battery. Applaud myself for not falling apart as I am wont to do in dead car situations. Ask Stephanie in the office next door for a jump. Car starts - Rejoice! Swing by post office and drop off the pay checks then head to Wal-Mart to wait an hour for a new battery. Applaud myself for not falling apart as I am wont to do in Wal-Mart situations. Rejoice that it is just the battery and not something that I would have to sell a kidney to pay for. Do shopping and cooking when I get home. Deliver dinner just as they're ready to go to bed.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

What can I say? How about a trip to Burt and Rocky's? I'll be right over.

Rach said...

That is one crappy day. Good job not falling apart. When that kind of thing happens to me I yell and throw things, and Jacob says, "Mom, you're not supposed to throw tantrums." And when he's not around, colorful language tends to emanate from my mouth. You're such a grown-up.

Stephanie said...

This is the thanks you get for wanting to do something good for someone else! That'll show you!

Sorry you had such a "revised" day.

Love you!

colleeeen said...

This sounds like pretty much all my grand plans for productivity. However, I am the culprit more often than not.

The Katzbox said...

"Of such are the Kingdom of Heaven"