Monday, October 5, 2009

Pass the Tissue

Things I watched this weekend that made me cry:

1.) General Conference. Several times.

2.) To Kill a Mockingbird. Oh, how I weep through this movie. When Walter Cunningham comes for dinner; when the reverend says, "Miss Jean Louise, stand up. You're father's passing," as Atticus leaves the courtroom; when Scout sees Boo Radley behind the door. I curl into the fetal position and sob.

3.) The Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra. This is slightly embarrassing but it should give you a greater understanding of what makes me cry - that is, everything. Including great music. There was a concert on Ovations TV and at one point I was just so entranced by how excited they were when they played that I welled up. Because I'm an enormous baby. Here's their finale.

4.) The Dodgers winning their division. Finally. Okay, I didn't actually cry over this, but I did jump up and down a bit. Let's all do a collective "hands-in" for them on three. One, Two, Three, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DODGERS!

6 comments:

Gina said...

Thank you for showing what is great with Venezuela. Well done!

Viva los dodgers.

I started tearing up when I thought about Atticus leaving the courtroom - one of my all-time favorite movie scenes...ever!

teresa p said...

Yay Dodgers!

Wasn't GC amazing? That Elder Holland sure knows how to light a fire under you, doesn't he?

Kelly said...

I cry all the time too. Lately it's the trailer for Where the Wild Things are that makes me all verklempt.

Cynde said...

When you read my blog, you'll realize you and I are on the same wavelength. I think it is the cooler weather.
Yesterday I was tearing up while a quartet in church played this beautiful song called, Rowing. Today it is was Annie Lennox and Bernard Fanning.

Rach said...

Jacob talked to me all day Saturday and Sunday. I mean, solid talking all day. So I only heard tiny snatches of talks, which was just enough to catch my interest until Jacob grabbed my face, pointed it toward him and started talking about light sabers.

It's been a long time since I watched To Kill a Mockingbird, but I'm pretty sure I cried, too. It really is a great story.

Music always gets me weepy. Especially right now, because I'm not around it all the time, and I get all sentimental and have to work to hold back the sobs. So I'm with you.

If I were into baseball, I'd jump up and down. And since you are my friend, I will do a little happy dance for you.

It's nice to know there's another cry baby out there.

courtney said...

every time i hear that dodger stadium organ go "duh. duh. duh. da-duh", i think of you. can you believe all this sweeping going on around here???

and for the record, baseball actually legitimately makes me cry--almost all sporting events do these days. especially when people win and look really happy about it. slays me.