Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Eating Labor Day Weekend

Fancy things I ate over Labor Day* weekend

Beignets at the Appels made by James.  Do not inhale when taking a bite.  Or laugh.  Or do laugh and revel in the powdered sugar cloud.  Thanks for letting me invite myself over!

Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza.  Have you done this?  Cook the pizza right on the grill?  It's faster than putting it in the oven and really, really yummy.

Strawberry Watermelon Parfait whipped up by Katie.  Basil lemon whipped cream is suddenly my new favorite flavor.

And, though not fancy, we did stop in at Cielito Lindo's for taquitos and horchata after our Dodger Stadium tour.  If you come out to visit and I give you the Grand Tour of Los Angeles, this will be one of our stops.  Because I love you that much.

*Admit it, if pressed, you would not be able to completely explain Labor Day.  You think that it may have something to do with unions and Jimmy Hoffa.

2 comments:

Rach said...

I love food. More than I should. And it's nice to know that next time I'm in town I have to chance to eat delicious food with you. Also, I never question the reasons behind Tim having the day off. I think half the time the government gets days off because the top guys want to go golfing. Fine by me.

Unknown said...

we watched a film on labor day in the 2nd grade class i'm an aid for.. its about all the working class folks.. they made a distinction about goverment workers and those that help build the economy working to make money to buy goods and services making the world go round... it was very informative...