Friday, September 30, 2011

The Haftan

The nice thing about not having any extra money to spend is that I can try on whatever clothes I want without having to worry about the cost.  Everything is outside of my budget so why not try everything on?  I had an hour to kill before the movie last night so I headed over to Macy's to play dress up and while perusing the selection came across this little number:


You guys!  It's an orange and cream zebra print halftan!!*  Because of the spending moratorium the only price that would have worked for me was free but oh how I laughed myself silly in the dressing room.  It is so Golden Girls!  Doesn't it just make your day?!  And don't you wish it came with a turban, a pair of silk pants, and a stack of personalized stationary?  If it did I could go as a legitimate Woman of Elegant Leisure for Halloween.

I'm not sad about leaving it in the store because twice before I have found pieces that I loved during a spending moratorium and have gone back months later once I could spend again and have found them significantly reduced and in my size.  If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.  And then I can get down to some serious lounging.  A turban should be easy to make, right?

*A caftan that only goes to the hips. Rotating the picture cut off the bottom.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

It's you! Good luck on the spending moratorium!!

Rach said...

Oh, that is fabulous. I really hope it's still around when the moratorium lifts, because that is FABULOUS! Thanks for a good laugh today. And thanks for educating me on what a haftan is. I will be in search of some after this baby pops, because they seem like the perfect post-baby drape.

Stephanie said...

oh. my. goodness. How can you love and hate something at the exact same time? Amazing.

Anonymous said...

I would have to insist that just one week, you wore this to church. WITH turban.