Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cranky

Oh, I was cranky yesterday.  For no perceivable reason other than I woke up that way and had to get out of bed in spite of it.  My lesson didn't go well in seminary. There was a ton of traffic (which is kind of funny because Monday was the Worst Drive Into Work Ever - I was a full hour late, I had to drive TEN MILES (this is not an exaggeration.  I Map Quested it.) out of my way to get in - and yet I was Suzy Sunshine through it all.  Yesterday, I wanted to shoot flaming arrows out of my window at everyone.) And then I spilled half of my yogurt all over my keyboard at work.  Hey, have you ever tried to clean yogurt off of a keyboard? It's a pretty special experience because every time you pluck one of the keys off to clean under it yogurt goes flying everywhere.  And then when you're done half of your breakfast is gone. By about 9am I was at code level Super Crank.

People's voices were bugging me.  I felt like slamming my office door. Simple tasks became monumentally hard and time consuming.  I felt snappish. Which is the worst because there's nothing but lovely and positive people around me all the time at work.  It is a very happy place and yet I had to fight off the urge to throw things at heads.

I managed to make it home from work without maiming anyone and decided I should be sent to my room.  Because this is where cranky people belong. I probably should have gone to the gym to sweat it out but I have a hard enough time not saying anything to the neanderthals who lounge around the weight machines all day long.  I was not meant for human interaction yesterday, even with mouth-breathers.  So I put on my jim jams and crawled into bed and put on The Sound of Music and promptly fell asleep to Maria singing about the hills. 

What do you do on days like this?  Please tell me I'm not the only one who wakes up cranky and stays that way.

Today has been more successful.  My lesson went well and there was very little traffic.  Plus, I had leftover donuts after seminary that I handed out to the parents and kids who cut through the church parking lot on their way to school.  Much better than cleaning up spilt yogurt.

Also, we had a Deep Fried Party today at the Institute.  There will be pictures and details tomorrow but I'll give you a hint of what's to come:  Hot Cheeto Fritters.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad to hear that even you have your cranky days. That sounds like a truly awful day. Glad its over and you can get onto the more important business of frying stuff. Love you!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad to hear that even you have your cranky days. That sounds like a truly awful day. Glad its over and you can get onto the more important business of frying stuff. Love you!

Stacy said...

I have days like that too. Sometimes those kind of days involve Dr.Pepper and other times a "happy donut" from 7-eleven is the only cure. I'm glad your cranky pants didn't stay on forever.

Cynde said...

It must have been the moon yesterday. I was not so gouda either. For me...I just hug and kiss on my two boys. Thet picked me up from work yesterday and it all went away.

Valerie said...

Oh, yeah, I totally have days like this. I actually kind of like them. I think they add a little depth to life. Also, they make me feel a little invincible, which I like.

Andrea said...

Oh boy do I have days like that! Some days it gets so bad I just call in sick, I figure if I actually came into work I'd probably say some not so nice things to my annoying co-workers that I'd probably get fired for. I figure it's safer to stay at home and watch Anne of Green and munch on chocolate.

Rach said...

That's what Nesquik and trashy TV is for.

Anonymous said...

If my head is a little clearer and healthier through the crankiness, I go to a park near work and sit and look at trees and breathe air and watch squirrels discuss the weather. If not, I go home and watch something both violent and gruesome and pick fights with people on the internet. In either scenario there is Nutella involved.