Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Awesome Willpower

So, you know that I'm a crier, right? That I'm a sensitive soul with overactive tear ducts. How if there is an opportunity to cry I will take it. How all it takes sometimes is to see just one person weeping and I'll lose it because apparently no one can cry alone when they're with me. What I'm saying is that I'm mostly an emotional mess. It could be glandular, I don't know.

So you'll appreciate this when I say that despite 1.) it being my last Sunday in my ward before leaving on Tuesday night (!) which means 2.) my last Sunday with my Primary kids and 3.) my last popcorn and hamburger Sunday dinner with my family that was cut short because 4.) there was a special church meeting to realign the ward boundaries I TOTALLY KEPT IT TOGETHER!!!! You want to know how many times I cried today? Two. And they were very brief. I mean, I basically welled up for like a minute each time and that was it! There was no sobbing. There was no weeping. Not once did I collapse in a pool of tears. I only used one tissue. There were people crying all around me and I was a rock! I wanted to run around high-fiving everyone and saying, "Do you see this! No tears! Who's awesome?!"

I have no idea what my state will be like for the next two days and I have made Bronwyn promise to bring tissue to the airport when she picks me up because I've never been able to sleep on airplanes so 2 missed nights of sleep plus the stress of travel will probably make me a blubbering wreck. But right now I'm riding high on this brief but super awesome victory over tears.

PS. It could be that it was because I was all cried out after Mockingjay. But let's just say it's because of my awesome willpower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I'm a crier too, and I hate it! It causes me so much embarrassment.. I even do it at work sometimes! Ack. So, I say this fully appreciating what it took for your triumph... Hoooraayyy for you!!

The Katzbox said...

Awwwww...sometimes I cry more than others. I like the glandular explanation, it beats the boring "hormonal" excuse.

I like your leaky self.