Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Breakfast of Champions

Slurpee before 9?  Why not.  It's finals week at the Institute and one of the kids who will be leaving on his mission in a few weeks, brought me one saying, "I thought I should do it just once before leaving."

I'm not going to argue if bringing me a Slurpee is on your pre-mission bucket list.

In other news, I'm off to New York for a few days with my sisters.  You read right.  All 5 Knecht girls will be strolling through Manhattan in what has essentially turned out to be a hunt for the best thing we can eat.  We have a google map set up for all the places we want to go to and probably half of them are restaurants, bakeries, pie shops, and one place that specializes in grilled cheese that is conveniently located across the street from our hotel. What's the best thing you've ever eaten in New York City?

Like a champion blogger, I have set up posts for the next few days.  Technology!  See you on the other side.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Honestly the best thing I have ever eaten in NYC was going to Zabars, a grocery store, getting a few of their fabulous baguettes and some exotic schmears, grabbing a cookie and a babka and taking our load to central park to eat while we people watched. Oh - what fun you will have!

Andrew said...

I cannot imagine anything more awesome than all 5 Knecht sisters in New York at once! I can't wait to hear all about it, have fun!

Andrea said...

Sorry, that was me that left the above comment, not Andrew. That would be kind of creepy, huh?

Casey said...

Sam and I were discussing a Seinfeld culinary tour. This would definitely include:

Monk's
The Soup Nazi
Papaya King (for a papaya dog)
Famous Ray's, Original Ray's, or Famous Original Ray's (where Kramer got lost Downtown)
Hunan Chinese Restaurant (Seinfeld! 4!)
The Magic Cafe (to support Babu)
Hop Sing's (make sure you don't get blacklisted)
Pisano's (for a calzone)
Mendy's (maybe you'll see Kenny Banya)

We really thought this through. Enjoy!

Gina said...

Casey, I want to go with you and SAm to NY. The sisters will be fun too. :) Let's all go back to the Brooklyn pizzeria and "act naturally".

Laura said...

Oh I wish I could be an honorary Knecht sister!! The best thing I ever had in New York was sort of all Italian food in Little Italy. My mom and dad told you about that one place for cannoli. Yum! Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Please speak with a really hideous British-teen-does-Bugsy-Malone accent every time you visit one of those places.