Monday, July 22, 2013

Mock Turtleneck Guy

Mock Turtleneck Guy was back at the sing-along on Friday night - this time in a purple one.  I can't even handle how awesome this is.  I mean, if you're going to chose a uniform, something that you can wear every day to any event because it is casual but with just a hint of sophistication (for 1991), and something that looks great with pleated slacks, you cannot go wrong with a short-sleeved mock turtleneck.  We chatted with him and his wife after the show and I almost asked them their names but decided against it.  It would ruin the magic if I knew too many personal details.  Although they are big into making out during the slower songs, which is plenty personal if you ask me. The west side of the amphitheater starts to resemble the SNL hot tub luv-ahs skit, minus the facial hair.

Besides, I'm developing a very elaborate story for them in my mind.  So far I have that they live in Glendale with their two kids (we've seen the kids, they are adorable in that awkward pre-teen phase of life.), she teaches art at the senior center, he teaches choir at a private middle school. They met in Berlin where they were both doing study abroad.  He's working on a cantata that he hopes to premier at the 1st Presbyterian Church at Christmas time but the church is going through a rather heated ministerial change that may foil the whole thing, that is, if he actually finishes it.  She's working on her PhD in 16th century German folk art but her fervor for the subject is waning and now she just wants to get it done so she can focus on her real passion, the recorder.  She's in a recorder ensemble at the church, which is also threatening to disband because the soon-to-be ousted minister's wife leads it.  They host regular block parties but get annoyed when Francis from down the street brings bread pudding when she knows full well they are all gluten intolerant.  Their children are involved in Tai Kwon Do, community theater, and foklorico dance. They went to Washington D.C. on vacation.  He only got sunburned on his forearms and the top half of his neck.

7 comments:

Camille said...

I'm pretty sure you hit the nail on the head except I don't think he is gluten intolerant I think the wifey makes him think he is. She's a health nut.
This is your 4th post about him which means you are a super fan.
Also, what you didn't mention was his super rad Michael Jackson Beat It dance moves.

Katie said...

I miss him. I need to go back to a sing a long.

Katie said...

I miss him. I need to go back to a sing a long.

sarahgurl said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Having seen him in person I have to agree with everything and I'm laughing out loud and my grandma is here saying ,” what's so funny?” in an annoyed voice and there is no explaining any of this to her. Besides she would fully approve of pleated slacks

sarahgurl said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Having seen him in person I have to agree with everything and I'm laughing out loud and my grandma is here saying ,” what's so funny?” in an annoyed voice and there is no explaining any of this to her. Besides she would fully approve of pleated slacks

Rach said...

I need to people watch with you. Your back stories about people are fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I feel like one of the rooms of their home would be an awkward blend of mallard ducks and cross stitch decor.